Monday, January 29, 2007

Whats up??

I am not someone who keeps up with all current affairs all the time, but whenever I happen to switch on a news channel or glance through a news paper, all I can see is violence, major part of which is directed against women or children. Especially in the past few days, most of the headlines comprised of these incidents only, reading about the killings in Nithari, or of those in Punjab, then yesterday, heard about Rape cases in the Madarsas in Allahabad, I almost feel pity for the society. These incidents, which cannot be tolerated in any civilized society, are happening in India, which regards children as messenger of God and Women as Goddesses themselves,is so sad.
Is the world we are living in all unreal, this is all a virtual world we are living in, the real India is that we hear about in the news, shudder at its grotesqueness and then forget about it thinking that its another world, another age.
And then there is this helplessness of not being able to do anything to change these circumstances. Whenever I try to consider my options, I am never able to reach any practical, feasible solution to this. What can I do, at the least donate money, at max leave my job and join some organization. But will any of these and all the other options lying between them lead to any change in the present circumstances, will we ever be able to say that the society is now safe for all especially young vulnerable children and defenseless women. And most important is how can we help??

No comments: